Tefra Quick Hitches
The safest Quick Hitch on the market
TEFRA Quick Hitch, a fully automatic dual positive lock hydraulic Quick Hitch has been designed to eliminate accidents attributed to the incorrect use of semi-automatic quick hitches as one of the most dangerous aspects of handling attachments - the risk of attachment separating from the Quick Hitch - is eliminated whilst using TEFRA Quick Hitch.
The innovation behind TEFRA is the clever and uncomplicated design of the product which has improved the safety of excavator machines on construction sites and with only 3 moving parts, has made this quick hitch the most reliable and robust on the market. The innovative technical features of the product have raised the safety benchmark for the industry and TEFRA will ultimately help prevent unsafe working practices. TEFRA also complies with AS4772-2008, EN747 Standards and the forthcoming ISO 13031 Global Standards meaning, you would not have to replace any of your existing TEFRA fleet when ISO 13031 Standards will be enforced.
Tefra Quick Hitch offers a range of models to suit 3 - 120 Tonne Excavators, most makes & models with the following features:
- Dual Locking – TEFRA locks both the front and rear attachment pins in the event of a hydraulic failure.
- Simplicity – TEFRA has only three moving parts, the fewest of any double locking quick hitch.
- Smart Valve – Hill Smart Valve ensures the attachment is in a safe position before the release sequence is permitted.
- Single cylinder design – totally enclosed piston rod, no external pipes, eliminating the risk of damage.
- Failure Indicator – a failure condition allows limited movement of the attachment upon the quick hitch indicating a problem.
- Universal pickup – quick hitch has the ability to pick up attachments from different machine manufacturers within its weight range.
Why TEFRA is the safest Quick Hitch on the market
The innovation behind the TEFRA technology lies in bringing together 5 individually engineered elements that each provides its own unique safety features:
- The two cast coupler hooks have unique ‘curved’ designs that work together to fully enclose both attachment pins providing positive self-locking in all operating conditions. This patented load bearing design has the inherent strength specifically in cast components to take the weight of the attachment in failure mode or if the operator misconnects the rear hook.
- A single hydraulic cylinder operates both hooks thus eliminating unnecessary complexity and reducing the number of moving parts. A brand new design to meet Hill’s specific requirements, this cylinder incorporates the patented Hill Smart Valve technology. There is no external pipe work and as such no risk of damage or failure.
- The hydraulic hose connections feature different thread sizes to eliminate the risk of incorrect installation.
- The Hill Smart Valve is a unique safety feature which prevents attachment removal in unsafe conditions. It works by recognising the correct/safe quick hitch orientation before permitting the release sequence to commence. The Smart Valve is totally enclosed within the cylinder and as such cannot be affected by contamination and requires no routine maintenance.
- The Active Protection System is a fully Independent secondary locking system comprising two component parts. A coil spring around the cylinder ensures that the rear hook remains in the correct position in the event of a hydraulic failure. A leaf spring on the front hook acts to maintain it in the correct position in the event of a hydraulic failure. The springs do not take the weight of the attachment, this is done by the quick hitch hooks, they are there solely to keep the hooks correctly located. In addition, the pressure exerted by the springs provides a ‘Return to Safe’ feature ensuring that the hooks always remain in, or return to, the closed position.
This combination of safety features is unique within the attachment industry and now provides excavator operators with the safest quick hitch on the market today.